Fermacell, the high performance Dry Lining board with Class 0 fire rating, excellent acoustic qualities and superb resistance to impact and moisture, brings the highest levels of environmental care and sustainability to the construction industry.
Fermacell’s unique manufacturing technique produces board of quality, flexibility and strength completely from recycled materials, making it a totally sustainable product that is ideal for walls, ceilings or floors.
At a state-of-the-art production facility in Holland, gypsum, a waste product from a nearby power station, and cellulose fibres from recycled paper and magazines collected throughout the Netherlands are mixed with recycled water in an 80%-20% ratio to produce homogenous sheet materials that are cured and cut to size.
All by products are fed back into the production cycle and Fermacell have even instigated a scheme for the collection and recycling of off cuts and waste created on construction sites, giving customers the opportunity to enhance their environmental reputations by demonstrating social responsibility through reduced demand for land fill.
Since its introduction to the U.K. in 1971, Fermacell, one of the brands of world-wide building materials group Xella International, has developed a fine reputation for effective solutions that meet today’s challenging building and sustainability requirements.
The product, and its manufacturing process, have been awarded the coveted Rosenheim Institute of Construction Biology and Ecology Certificate and the Low Emissions Product Eco Certificate. In addition Fermacell itself has been defined as a “healthy living building material” for allergy-free environments.
- BBA certificate No 90/2439
- DN EN ISO : 14001
- Recycled content to ISO 14021: newspaper and gypsum recovered from desulphurisation plants (100%)
- ETA - 03/0050: Nr. Z-1/746-1/04
- EWC - European Waste Catalogue Ref listing
REF - NO 1708 02
- Life expectancy = life of the building
- Environmental certification: Rosenheim Institute Ecology Certificate
- eco INSTITUT - Quality Assurance
- WRAP - Recycled Content - Fermacell 91.5%
- LONDON Remade - Green Procurement - Fermacell 100%
- Greenspec - Material Details
- GreenGuide -
For more information please contact our Technical Department on +44 (0) 870 609 03 06 or email email@example.com