Detailed Overview – Partitions
Fermacell flooring solutions are designed for use as floating floors in a wide variety of applications. Manufactured from Fermacell Gypsum Fibreboards, they give a dry, robust and simple solution to your flooring requirements.
Used in conjunction with Fermacell to the ceiling, the flooring elements give a wide variety of solutions as a complete floor/ceiling specification.
There are five main areas of use for Fermacell flooring, and the constructions vary slightly according to the specific application. All the systems share the same basic technology which produces a continuous floating membrane capable of installation and use in 24 hours, and which is ready to accept a wide range of floor finishes.
- Improving acoustic insulation: Types 2E31 & 2E32 and in extreme cases the Fermacell Honeycomb layer with the Honeycomb in fill granular system.
- Over, under floor heating: Types 2E22
- Levelling uneven floors: A range of solutions from 0 – 2000 mm are available by using 2E11 and the Fermacell Dry Leveling system.
- Improving thermal insulation: Types 2E13 & 2E14
- Wet-room floors: TE Powerpanel H2O Flooring element.
Fermacell Ceiling Solutions
Fermacell ceiling solutions give simple solutions to timber, steel and concrete floors by providing acoustic, fire, thermal mass and fixing performance. Due to the nature of the Fermacell Robust details can be easily achieved as 2 layers of 10 mm board to the ceiling, giving the minimum mass requirement.
Due to the screw holding ability, simple fittings can be screwed directly into the ceiling board, or where greater loads are required, specialist fittings can be used. Please see table opposite, or contact our Technical Department for more details on +44 (0) 870 6090 306
(1) Tested to DIN 4103, safety factor 2.
(2) Support spacing of the sub-structure = 35 x board thickness. Board fixed to the sub-structure with ceiling toggle fixings.
(3) Observe the manufacturers operating and installation instructions.
Where additional loads are to be applied then the loading capability of the sub-structure should be checked.
Detailed overview of Floors and ceilingsDownload
An overview of performance details for Fermacell floor & ceiling systemsDownload
Technical information to achieve optimal performanceDownload